Friday, November 1, 2013

Five Things + Recap

October has been one of the longest months this year for me. 

Trying to get through my piles and piles of school work along with a promotion at work and of course the start of this blog kept me busy but waiting all month long. This is my second last semester at school, as crazy as it is to look back and see how much time has past its insane to me how long this semester is dragging on. With only a month left what seems like only four weeks has a way of going on and on.

On top of waiting for school to end, I am also waiting to finally switch departments at my workplace (for those interested, I'm going from Customer Care/Reception to Marketing) but before I get to switch over I have to train my replacement and timing hasn't been on my side for that part of it, I was hoping to switch by the end of October but things came up and now the switch won't be finalized till mid November. I know its only two weeks longer but its forever in my eyes. But the bright-side to this month has been this blog. I've worked on it on and off for the past couple of weeks and I am really starting to like how it turning out. I still have a long way to go until its completed but I am really starting to like where its headed. 


My five favourite things this month have been
Photo credit one, four, five
1. My Bow Loafers
I adore these, they go with pretty much everything and the bow really as a girly touch to every outfit. Plus I didn't have to even break them in (unlike some JCREW flats...) !

2. Spray Painting Mason Jars
I ran across a photo of this on Pinterest one day and was obsessed. I ran off to Walmart bought my required items and ta da ! A successful DIY project was made. These jars have come it handy so far I have three. One for the flowers, one for my makeup brushes and one for my pens and pencils (post to come).

3. I was lucky enough to attend a beautiful Indian wedding in October. It was wonderful mix of modern and traditional elements. In addition they were giving way these gorgeous handmade boxes as party favours, my watches fit perfectly inside !

4. Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya 
This has got to be my favorite colour on my skin tone right now. I've tried the pinky pinks, the nudes and the berries and although some of them have work none of them have been quite like this one. I really its my "my lips but better colour." Downside is I think I've lost it :( and I have yet to repurchase.  I hate repurchasing things I have lost even though they were my favorite, I would be more likely to purchase something new. Are any of you guys like that ?

5. Autumn in General
This has got to be one of my favorite times of the year. Vancouver has seen some great weather the past few weeks making the city even prettier then it usually is.

That pretty much sums up my October, and here's hoping for a better November.




No comments:

Post a Comment